School Finance for Finance Officers & Assistants
Finance staff in schools have important responsibilities & deadlines that need to meet specific financial regulations. Staff who have worked in finance but not in a school, who have never worked in finance, will need to understand these rules and procedures, but also understand how the finance function as a whole works in schools.
The aim of this course, is to help finance staff understand the financial regulations and how to ensure compliance, understand the key financial processes, read financial reports easily and ensure all audit requirements are in place.
This course is designed for all school finance staff, whether experienced and looking for a recap, new to finance or new to schools. It is also suitable for school governors.
The sessions are delivered over the internet either as 4 x 1 hour sessions or 10 x 25 minute sessions . Each session has accompanying notes and an assignment to complete. A certificate will be issued on successful completion of all assignments.
- Introduction to accounting
- How schools are funded & how schools spend
- The accounting process in schools
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Financial regulations & procedures
- Appropriate use of funds, Value for Money, Separation of duties, Authorisation
- Record keeping
- External Audit & consequences of problems.
- Financial Terminology and concepts
- Management accounting - Understanding & Reviewing budgets
- Financial accounting - Understanding & Reviewing Financial Reports
- Period End procedures including VAT & Gift Aid
- Financial Housekeeping
- Internal Audit
The whole 4 session course costs £99 per school and multiple staff can use the course for this price.
To purchase the School Finance course to do at your own time, with downloadable notes, video presentations and assignments, please complete the form below.